Wednesday, May 19, 2010

7 Things You Shouldn't Say to a Pregnant Woman

If you've ever been pregnant, you know that people can say some silly things to you. I've been through it twice, and some of the things I heard are enough to make your eye twitch. Here are some of my favorites:


1, Are you sure you don’t have twins in there?

2. What do you mean you want another girl?! You already have one!

3. That lady asked me when you were due, so I told her. She kept going on and on about how ‘small’ you are, but I just don’t think she got a good look at you.

4. Wow, you’re carrying low/high. You must be having a boy/girl/multiples/etc.

5. Look, your belly jiggles when you laugh!

6. Every week, I think it isn’t possible that you could get any bigger. And every week, you do!

7. You look ready to drop any second! Are you ready?

I heard every single one of these things while I was expecting my second daughter. Verbatim. My favorite is #3, which comes from a sweet coworker of mine who didn’t seem to realize what she was saying because she kept saying it. Over. And over. “I just don’t think she got a good look at you.” Heh.

You should watch what you say to a pregnant woman, because a pregnant woman never forgets. Just like… err, wait. Never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment